Tuesday 22 August 2017

The Timeline

Just for the sake of continuation, I thought I would do a post about what's been happening since I last checked in. So, on my last blog post before my revival, I was living in Southampton with Lawrence in our studio apartment. We stayed there until December 2015, both working and saving our money. We spent the festive season with our families and on January 10th 2016, we left on an epic adventure!

Yours truly at Hobbiton in New Zealand

We spent six months travelling the world and it was honestly the best time of my life. We started in New Zealand, then Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, back into Thailand and finally Sri Lanka. I can do a more detailed post about travelling if you like? Let me know in the comments!

On safari in Sri Lanka


We were back in the UK at the start of July 2016. After a couple of joyous weeks visiting family and friends, we knuckled down and started job hunting. I really enjoyed the cities we visited whilst travelling, so I knew I wanted to move to a city, but one that I hadn't lived in before and not London (too busy, too expensive). We chose Bristol because we read good things and it is a good distance between both of our families. Picking a city was the easy part, finding a job was not easy. I found this time in my life quite challenging, because all we seemed to be getting was rejections or nothing back at all. Still, we perservered, and tried to make ourselves useful whilst we were living with Lawrence's family!

Eventually, Lawrence got a job in marketing and I got a position working as an admin for District Nurses. It was for a year for maternity cover, which is about to end, so I'm moving on to another NHS admin role, which I'm really looking forward to. When I was job hunting, I was looking for a job that would help people, not just about making money for my employer. I definitely feel like I have that satisfaction in my current job, and probably in my next one too. 

So, we've been loving life in Bristol since October 2016. I'm very pleased to say that I'm still in a wonderful relationship with Lawrence, we'll have been together seven years this October. We've just signed up for another year in our flat and we're currently saving up to buy our own place in the future. I've recently been having a few health issues that I would like to discuss in a future post, but I think I've rabbited on enough for now! 

I hope you've enjoyed my little catch up session - now it's your turn! Tell me all about the exciting things that been happening in your lives, weddings, new births, new pets, I want to hear about anything and everything :)

Best wishes,

Bekca

xxx




6 comments:

Deb said...

How wonderful for you to have spent 6 months traveling I imagine you had quite an adventure and it would be lovely to hear about it in future post. I do hope your health issues aren't too serious and you are on the path to recovery. I want to thank you for commenting on my blog and look forward to reading more of your post in the future.

Daffycat said...

I'm so pleased you were able to travel and see and experience new things! It really makes you grow, doesn't it?

Sarah said...

Your travel adventures sound amazing!

gillyflower said...

How lovely to hear from you again! It sounds like you have had an amazing time travelling, and I would definitely love to hear and see more as I have never had the opportunity to travel to those places, and my daughter, a year or two younger than you, has not yet caught the travelling bug!
Its great that you are still with Lawrence and have shared such great adventures!
My daughter has visited Bristol with friends and says it is a really good place for young people and I hope you enjoy living there. Well done on the job front. It is not easy these days to find work, even for graduates. The old catch 22 situation where you need relevant experience for many jobs yet you can't get the job to get the experience....having spent months job hunting online for my daughter I know how hard it is.
Thanks for visiting my blog too Bekca!
Take care
Gill xx

Carol said...

Your travels sound delightful and now is the perfect time to do so before you get tied down being an "adult!" I am retiring soon and New Zealand is definitely on my 'must visit' list :) Would love to see more photos of your travels, Bekca!

Justine said...

That sounds like the most amazing trip - I'd love to see and hear more about it! Well done on finding jobs too, not easy these days. I haven't visited Bristol for years but my parents have a short holiday there every year, they love it as there is so much happening!