Tuesday 24 September 2013

Another year older

Thank you so much for the lovely birthday wishes on my last post. I had a truly wonderful day and was thoroughly spoilt! I must say a couple of thank yous to two birthday fairies who really made me smile.
First, I got this wonderful parcel from Elisa at Old Ragged Threads. Elisa was swift to the post office and the package was tempting me for days! I was very good and waited until the big day. It's a lovely ornament alongside a M Designs chart and a very suitable card :P Thank you so much Elisa!

 
Birthday day gift number two came from Cath over at The Stitchin' Chicken. Cath truly spoilt me with an array of kits and charts, and even a new hoop! It was a wonderful selection, and I didn't previously own any of the kits. I can't wait to get my needle into this little lot. A huge thank you to you too Cath!

 
I had the most wonderful birthday. I went to Uni in the morning and then Lawrence came over and I opened my cards and gifts. I felt so blessed when I opened every card and unwrapped every parcel. I am so lucky.
Lawrence took me out for dinner that evening. We went to Loch Fyne, which I had never been to before. It was such a stunning restaurant, very welcoming and warm too. The food was certainly delicious.
This was my starter of charcuterie plate, so good. Lawrence enjoyed crab cakes.
 
 
Then for main I had this delightful bowl of goodness! It's a pear, butternut squash and pumpkin seed salad, topped with a fillet of kiln smoked salmon, with a side of chips. It was heavenly!

 
We split a bottle of my favourite Pinot Grigio wine too. I felt like a true birthday girl, being spoilt rotten by my love. I felt so content when I went to sleep last night :)
I hope you've all had a great start to the week too, I'll be back soon with a stitching update.
Best wishes,
 

8 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy Birthday sounds like everyone made you feel very special on your day!

Cath said...

Glad you had a lovely birthday Bekca. Hope you enjoy the stitching xxx

Catherine said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday!! So glad you enjoyed your day!!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was good all around.

happy stitching...

Lesleyanne said...

Sounds like you had a lovely birthday with some gorgeous gifts.

Chris said...

What a lovely birthday!

Carol said...

A very special birthday for a very special young lady :) Lovely gifts and yummy looking dinners, Bekca!!

ricketyjo said...

Oops, I'm a little late, but hope that you had a wonderful birthday!