Friday 30 April 2010

Past Days and Yesterdays

Wow, another week has gone by so it's now only two more to go before my study leave begins and the dreaded exams start. It's all revision lessons and re-caps at school right now, as well as the competition for Head Boy/Girl heating up. More people were nominated than I expected, so my chances of winning are slim. I just think I will go for it, as my chances would be even slimmer if I hadn't been nominated at all! I went babysitting yesterday like I normally do on a Thursday and sat down to stitch when the kids were asleep. Didn't get as much done as I hoped, but Solo is so close to being finished now. I am determined to have him completed by Monday!

I am very pleased that there will be a sweet All Our Yesterday's design in the next issue of CrossStitcher. Faye Whittaker is one of my favourite designers, and I have stitched two pieces previously. The first was a gift for a friend who gave me the kit as she just couldn't get on with cross stitching - I'm still hoping to convert her, but she's one of these sporty types! She was very pleased with this present though.

This design I stitched up using the leftover threads from the first piece! I found it in a very old copy of World of Cross Stitching that a friend of mine had picked up for me at a car boot, as she knew about my hobby. I'm even hoping to use the remaining leftover (yes, there was plenty!) to stitch the design from CrossStitcher. Now that's economical stitching for you :)

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my last post. When I started this blog I didn't think it would attract any followers at all! I hope you have a lovely weekend, filled with lots of stitching, of course.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lynn Bourke said...

I love your Faye Whittaker pieces! Your cat is coming along nicely, too!

Keep going with the Head Girl nomination - you have as much chance of winning as everyone else! My daughter is much too shy to enter for the Head girl...

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I just love the two All or Yesterday patterns. The children are soooooo cute.